Maple Soy Sauce Wings is a delicious and easy appetizer to make at home. I love to make this before binge-watching NCAA College Football from Seoul (Go Irish 🍀)
The wings can be made under 15 minutes, using only a frying pan. It doesn’t involve any deep-frying. Instead, the chicken wings are reduced in a soy-sauce with maple syrup until they become very sticky. Part of the fun is licking the sauce off of your fingers.
As for the taste, the soy sauce wings have the perfect amount of sweet and saltiness. You can eat them straight or pair it with side of steamed vegetables and rice. By the way, this delicious marinade glaze can also be used with other proteins like pork chops. Or even tofu if you are vegetarian. Whatever you choose, get in there with your hands and enjoy!
Key taste variable: Marinade Glaze
Be patient and let the chicken reduce in the marinade sauce. As the sauce thickens from the heat, the chickens will absorb the flavor.
Soy Sauce Wings - Finger Licking Good!
- Chicken wings - 10-15
- Cooking wine - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper - few shakes
- Soy sauce - 3 Tablespoons
- Maple syrup - 2 Tablespoons
- Cooking wine - 2 Tablespoons
- Minced garlic - 1 Tablespoon
- Place chicken wings in a mixing bowl. Pour cooking wine over wings and gently toss the wings.
- Season both sides of the wings with the herb salt and black pepper. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix all of the listed ingredients for the marinade in a separate bowl.
- Place frying pan on medium heat and put in some olive oil. Once it turns hot, place wings in.
- Get a nice sear on both sides of the wings (approx. 2 minutes per side).
- Then pour the marinade in. Marinade will begin to reduce and cook the wings. Flip the chicken wings as sauce reduces.
- Once the sauce becomes very sticky (syrupy), they are ready to be eaten.
- When searing the chicken, keep the frying pan on a medium (or medium-low) heat. If you have it on a high heat, the wings will burn very quickly. If you are using frozen wings, let it thaw in 1/2 cup of milk. Rinse off the milk and then season as instructed below.
- See video below for more details