Korean Scrambled Eggs
Today, we are making Korean Scrambled Eggs!
I think it’s perfect for breakfast – it requires little skill, tastes delicious and pairs perfectly with rice.
It's been added to my to-go breakfasts - for urgent mornings.
Now, there’s nothing fancy about this recipe - but we will scramble the eggs differently.
Start by scrambling the eggs whites first - then rupture and mix-in the yolk towards the end.
We mix the yolk in later to keep the yolk visible in the finished scramble (more visually appealing).To increase the flavor, we’ll scramble it in sesame oil, and season with a dash of soy sauce.
These Korean Scrambled Eggs are simple, delicious and nutritious!
Now, I highly recommend eating the eggs with a bowl of rice. By itself, it will taste a bit salty from the soy sauce.
Cooking Tips for Korean Scrambled Eggs
Use a measuring spoon when you first make it – that way the flavor comes out just right.
You'll need: 1 Tablespoon of Sesame Oil.
Use your chopsticks to carefully pull the egg whites away from around the yolk. Scramble it around the pan until it starts to scramble.
Then immediately turn off the heat - don't forget!
Afterwards, add the Soy Sauce (¾ Tablespoon) around then pan. Then mix the egg yolks into the sizzling Soy Sauce.
Give it 10 seconds – and you’re done!
Spread the scrambled eggs immediately over some hot rice. Garnish with some chopped green onions!
And serve with a side of Kimchi (if you got it!)
If you make this Korean Scrambled Eggs at home, tag us on IG – we love flipping through pictures of your dishes in the morning! It give us energy to create more recipes!
-Daniel out! 🕺
(P.s. If you’re cooking alone, don’t get bored. Consider listening to our latest podcast episode while you cook!)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- ¾ Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- Small handful Chopped Green Onion (Scallions)
- 1 Bowl Freshly Cooked Rice
- Scoop yourself a bowl of rice and get it ready - as the eggs will cook quickly!
- Then finely dice a small piece of green onion stalk - we'll use it for garnish.
Make Scrambled Eggs
- Place a frying pan on medium heat. Once the frying pan is hot, add-in the Sesame Oil (1 Tablespoon). Then crack in 2 eggs.
- Use your chopsticks and carefully scramble only the egg whites - be careful not to pop the egg yolks!
- Once the egg whites are scrambled, turn off the heat. Then measure Soy Sauce (¾ Tablespoon) and place it around the pan.
- Now poke the yolks with your chopstick and quickly mix it into the sizzling soy sauce.
- Give the yolks about 10 seconds to cook in the residual heat & sauce. Thats it!
- Immediately, slide the scrambled eggs over your bowl of hot rice.
- Garnish with the chopped green onions. Enjoy!