Spaghetti Pretzel. An ultra-simple snack that anyone can make with just spaghetti noodles. Perfect for your next Netflix Binge.
Katie and I visited a new bar a few weeks ago. And they served these simple-looking "twigs" as anju. I initially thought it was some sort of modern decor but the neighboring tables were happily munching away at it... So I too had to take a bite.
The taste wasn't strong or distinct. Mostly crunching with pockets of sugar and salt. But strangely, I couldn't stop eating them! It reminded me of skinny pretzels. Soon enough, we were asking for a refill. I asked the server what they were and she told me it was deep-fried spaghetti!
My mind was blown... and I got excited to share with you - our neighbors 🕺
- Spaghetti noodles - a handful
- Olive oil or any other cooking oil - few swigs
- Sugar - 1-2 spoonfuls
- Salt - ⅓ spoonful
- Cut spaghetti noodles in half. (Check that the pieces fit into your frying pan)
- Put oil into frying pan. Place on medium heat.
- Once the oil gets hot, put-in a piece of spaghetti. If the oil dances around the spaghetti, then it is ready.
- Turn the heat down to a low (important!) Then place-in all of the spaghetti noodles.
- Stir the noodles around with a pair of chopsticks for 15-20 seconds (or until the spaghetti noodles turn light brown)
- Take out the pieces onto a plate. Then shake sugar and salt over the fried noodles.
- Place in a cup and enjoy!
- Place sugar and salt over them while they are still hot - right after frying them
- See video for more details
gary hill says
Sprinkle w/parmesan cheese and sea salt