Creamy Asparagus Stirfry.
Daniel, inspire me with something quick & simple for the weekdays.
Yes ma'm - I got just the recipe for you today!
Today, we’ll be making a Creamy Asparagus Stirfry that you can eat straight - or spread over rice or pasta. Or even slop-up with a piece of bread.
I was inspired to share this recipe as a close friend requested a Keto-recipe. A simple to make meal that's high in protein and low in carbs.
So let's get started. We’re going to add-in two types of protein: Shrimp and Thinly sliced beef (or pork).
Along with two greens – Asparagus and Broccoli.
Then, we'll de-glaze the pan with heavy cream and allow all of the flavors to come together.
For extra flavor, we’ll throw in some Sriracha, as well as garlic and fresh chili peppers!
Can you taste it just from the written description? I hope so!
Then for the finale, we’ll melt a slice of cheese into the sauce and finish with a small drizzle of anchovy sauce.
Savory, salty, spicy and deep-satisfaction … all within 15 minutes!Now – I must admit – if you're doing Keto, you may get tempted to pair it with a bowl of rice. So resist 🙈
But if you're not on Keto (like us), scoop it over some rice - or use a piece of bread to slop it up! 🙋♂️
Cooking notes for Creamy Asparagus Stirfry:
In Korean marts, you’ll see different cuts of thinly sliced beef.
For this recipe, if you want to use beef, I recommend Chadolbagei (차돌박이) which is thinly sliced brisket.
If you prefer pork – look for Daepeh Samgyeopal (대패삼겹살 ) which are thinly sliced pork belly. Works beautifully!
If you can’t find either of these cuts, you can always go with leaner Shabu Shabu cut.
Also, feel free to substitute the Mozzarella Sandwich cheese – with cheese of your preference (American, Swiss Cheese all work fine!)
Bon Appetit ya'll!
And if you make it at home, tag us on IG - we LOVE seeing pictures of your dishes.
(P.s. If you’re cooking alone, don’t get bored. Consider listening to our latest podcast episode while you cook!)
- 4 Asparagus
- ½ head of Broccoli
- 8-9 Shrimp
- 3 Cheongyang Chili Pepper (or 2 Jalapeno Peppers)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 200 grams Thinly Sliced Pork (or Beef)
- Few pinches of Salt (for seasoning meat)
- Few pinches of Black Pepper (for seasoning meat)
- 1 teaspoon (!) Minced Garlic
- 1 Slice Sandwich Cheese (American, Mozzarella, Swiss Cheese all ok)
- 2 teaspoons (!) Sriracha Sauce
- 1 teaspoon (!) Fish Sauce
Prep Ingredients for Stirfry
- Cut 4 asparagus into smaller pieces.
- Cut ½ a whole head of broccoli into smaller florets.
- Peel and devein 8-9 shrimps.
- Chop 3 chili peppers into smaller pieces.
- Measure and set aside 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Set aside a piece of butter (1 Tablespoon)
- Measure and set aside 200 grams of thinly sliced beef (or pork)
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic ~ set aside 1 teaspoon(!) worth
- Take out a large frying pan or wok. Place in a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Once the oil get hot, place in the sliced meat. Let it fry until the pink is gone from the meat. Season the meat with few pinches of salt and black pepper.
- After a while, you'll see some grease accumulate in the pan. Drop in 1 Tablespoon of butter into that grease.
- Once it melts, add in the chopped broccoli florets. Stir-fry it around with the beef for 20-30 seconds.
- Then add in the shrimp. Next, add in the minced garlic (1 teaspoon!). Stirfry everything until the shrimp turns orange.
- Now, add in the chopped asparagus. Stir-fry it around until the asparagus starts to sweat.
- Now add in 1 cup of heavy cream and deglaze the pan. Use your spatula and run it against the bottom or the sides of the wok to get the charred bits off.
- Then add in 2 teaspoons(!) of Sriracha Sauce. Followed by the chopped chili peppers.
- Next, add in 1 cheese slice. Mix it around until the cheese melts into the sauce.
- Finally, we'll finish with a small drizzle (~1 teaspoon!) of fish sauce.
- Now reduce the heat to a medium and let the sauce gently boil away for 1-2 minutes. The smell of the fishy sauce will dissipate as it simmers - leaving only the good umami flavor.
- Turn off the heat and plate it. Eat it straight... or scoop over rice or... slop-up with bread! Bon Appetit ya'll