Shrimp Avocado Stirfry Rice Bowl.
Due to popular demand, we’re back with another 10-minute rice bowl!
(Last week was Korean Chicken & Radish Bowl).
For today’s 10-minute recipe, all you need is shrimp & avocado.
You want to use large shrimps – fine if it’s frozen.
Just thaw, peel – and devein.
Note: If you can find red shrimp at your local market, I highly recommend it!
Red shrimp have deep red stripes, which is a nice visual contrast to the green avocado.
I used it when filming our video.
Please pat-down the thawed shrimp - you want to remove moisture so the exterior can fry (as opposed to boil) when you stir-fry later.
As for the avocado, nothing special… just use it when it’s ripe.
The sauce is simple: mayonnaise, wasabi + soy sauce.
Don’t worry - the mayo does a great job in muting the pungent wasabi.
Now, don’t mix the soy sauce with the wasabi & mayonnaise
Add in the last step – when you’re just about done stir-frying…
If you pre-mix everything together, the sauce turns brown (less visually appetizing).
As always, remember to get your rice cooker going in the background – so you can scoop-on this delicious stir-fry.
Personally, this rice bowl reminds me of Hawaii – like a menu item off a Hawaiian food truck.
After a morning swim in the waters… sitting on a bench with semi-wet trunks… sun rays in my face… chowing down on rice & shrimp.
Ah, snap out of it Daniel!
The reality is that I’m typing away on my iMac here in Korea. And my background image is set to one of those default resort pictures heh.
Allow this simple yet delicious recipe take you to fond memories!
Neighbors - one thing.
We love waking up and scrolling through picture of your dishes! If you made this recipe, tag us on IG!
And if you're cooking alone tonight, no worries! Listen to our latest podcast as you prep 😀
- 8 Large Shrimp
- ½ Ripe Avocado
- 2 teaspoons(!) Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons(!) Wasabi
- 1 teaspoon(!) Soy Sauce
- Thaw, peel and devein 8 large shrimp. Remove tails. Use a few paper towels to pat-off any moisture from the shrimp (important step!)
- Then cut ½ of a ripe avocado into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together: Mayonnaise (2 Tablespoons) + Wasabi (2 teaspoons!). Set aside for stir-fry.
- Place a small frying pan on medium heat. Add-in sesame oil (2 teaspoons!)
- Once the oil is hot, add in the shrimp. Cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Next, add in the avocado pieces.
- Next, add in the mayonnaise & wasabi mixture.
- Stir-fry together and get everything well-coated.
- Then add in Soy Sauce (1 teaspoon!) and give it a final stir.
- Spread over hot rice and enjoy! Bon Appetit!
Forgot to rate whoops!
I made it! It was absolutely delicious. Tweeted you some pics of it too!