Bell Pepper Stir-Fry is a dish that I frequently cook after work. Lately, I am trying to eat simple meals that are filling but don’t leave me feeling bloated.
This means lot of vegetables and high protein. For me, this Bell Pepper Stir-fry provides me with exactly that – a good balance of vegetables, protein and carbs. Best of all, it can be made under 15 minutes. But enough of my pitch – try it out yourself!
If you like it, leave a comment and I will include more of these “15 minutes bowls” into our weekly videos.
Key taste variable: Sauce
Bell Pepper Stir-Fry is all about that sauce! No additional tips – just follow the listed ingredients and make sure to include the starch powder so the sauce can thicken up.
Bell Pepper Stir-fry - Healthy Stir-Fry under 15 mins
Yield 2 people
An simple but delicious meal to cook for yourself on the workdays. Enjoy!
- Green Bell pepper - 1/4 whole
- Red Bell pepper - 1/4 whole
- Yellow Bell pepper - 1/4 whole
- Pork strips - 150 grams
- Carrot - 1/4 whole
- Button mushrooms - 3
- Spring onion - 1/4 cup
- Red cabbage - 1 leaf
- Onion - 1/2 a whole
- Rice - 1 cup
- Minced garlic - 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper - few shakes
- Soy sauce - 4 Tablespoons
- Oyster sauce - 4 Tablespoons
- Sugar - 2 Tablespoons
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Potato starch - 1 Tablespoon
- Sesame oil - 1 teaspoon
- Cut 1/4 section from each bell pepper and julienne them into thin slices.
- Cut pork, carrots and red cabbage into similar-sized slices.
- Then thinly slice the mushrooms, onion and spring onions.
- Mix all of the listed ingredients under marinade into a small mixing bowl - make sure to thoroughly mix the starch powder into the sauce.
- Put a large frying pan (or wok) on high heat. Pour oil into the pan. Place spring onion slices into oil.
- Once you see the oil bubbling inside the spring onions, place the pork slices in. Season pork slices with minced garlic and black pepper.
- Once pork pieces are almost fully cooked, place all of your veggies in. Cook the veggies in the pan for one minute.
- Then pour 1/3 of the sauce into the pan (before you pour, mix the sauce once more to get the starch well incorporated). Stir-fry everything for another minute or until the sauce thickens into a light syrup texture.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with sesame oil. Serve alongside a bowl of hot sticky rice.
- I have listed alot of veggies in the ingredient list, but feel free to choose the ones you like or have at home.
- Also, I have (purposely) used Tablespoon measurements for the sauce. It will be enough for an additional 2 stir-fries. However, if you want just enough sauce for one stir-fry: switch the Tablespoon to a teaspoon measurement for all sauce ingredients and use 3 Tablespoons of water (instead of 1/2 cup).
- See video below for more details