Korean Green Chili & Parmesan Wings. Yes it's quite a long name for a recipe. I shall be more creative next time 💡But it's been a while since we've done chicken wings (last one was Maple Soy Sauce Wings). And I've been really craving them. I think it's from staying up late-night, cheering on my alma mater in College Football (Go Notre Dame! 🍀)
This baked wings recipe is incredible! The combination of green chili, parmesan cheese and garlic is explosive - like a flavor bomb. Reminded me of the kick-you-in-the-face flavors you find at food trucks in LA! Now, you may feel intimidated as we're using 5 chili peppers! But rest assured, the chili loses its spice (~70%) as it bakes in the heat. And you're left with a (gentle) spice with a little bit of attitude.
This weekend, whip out the blender, throw-in the aromatics, slather your wings and pop them in the oven. Easy as 1-2-3. Pour yourself a glass of wine and dance around in the kitchen.
Dan-yul out 🕺
Note: This recipe is originally from Recipe Factory. If you can read Korean, check them out.
Korean Green Chili & Parmesan Wings
- Chicken Wings - 15
- Cheongyang chili pepper - 5 peppers or use 2 Jalapeno peppers
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Parmesan Cheese - 4 Tablespoons
- Sugar - 1.5 Tablespoons
- Olive oil - 3 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 teaspoon !
- Black pepper - few shakes
- Take out a food-processor or blender.
- Take the stems off the Chili Peppers (5 peppers). Chop them into smaller pieces. Then place inside the blender.
- Cut the ends off the Garlic (4 cloves) and toss into the blender.
- Now add-in: Parmesan Cheese (4 Tablespoons ), Sugar (1.5 Tablespoons), Olive Oil (3 Tablespoons), Salt (1 teaspoon!), and Black Pepper (few shakes).
- Put the lid on and blitz. (Note: If it doesn't grind easily, add-in more olive oil as you pulse).
- Empty out the wet mixture into a mixing bowl. Add the wings in and thoroughly coat them.
- Place some plastic wrap around the mixing bowl. Place in the refrigerator and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes. (1-hour, even better).
- In the meanwhile, preheat your oven to 180 C (356 F).
- Place wings on a rack and place it in the hot oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, flip the wings. Then place back in the oven for 13 more minutes.
- Keep an eye out on the wings so they don't burn.
- Plate and enjoy!!
- See video below for more details