Salmon Donburi – Sashimi Strips over Bed of Rice
Salmon sashimi over a bed of rice. Seasoned with flavored soy sauce and fresh onions!
Servings: 1 person
- Fresh salmon - 150 grams
- Onion - ½ whole
- Cooked white rice - 1 cup
- Radish sprouts - a few garnish
- Wasabi - small dab
Infused Soy Sauce
- Soy sauce - 4 teaspoon
- Water - 4 teaspoon
- Cooking wine - 1 teaspoon any rice wine ok
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar - 1 teaspoon
- Minced garlic - ½ teaspoon
- Onion - ¼ whole
Place all listed ingredients for the sauce into a mixing bowl. Slice another half of an onion into strips and mix them into the sauce.
Pour the sauce into a pot.
Place the pot on high heat and bring it up to a boil. Once the sauce is boiling, reduce the heat to a medium-low and cook for one more minute.
Strain the liquid. Set sauce aside to cool.
Use the leftover onions as a side-dish.
Fill a bowl with hot sticky rice. Then spread a spoonful of the flavored soy sauce over the rice.
Then add a layer of thinly sliced onions (from Step 1).
Then add the sashimi strips on top. Garnish with radish sprouts and a dab of wasabi.
- Reference this video if you need help on cutting the fillet into salmon strips.
- See video below for more details