Bibimbap - Secret is the Gochujang Sauce!
Bibimbap! One of Korea's most iconic dishes. What separates the amateurs from the pros is the sauce! I'll show you how to make a killer sauce.
Servings: 1 person
- Short Grain Rice - 1 cup
- Carrot - 30 grams
- Zucchini - 30 grams length of your pointer finger
- Cabbage - 1 leaf
- Lettuce - 3 leaves
- Gim - 4 crisps
- Shiitake mushrooms - 2
- Soybean sprouts - 1 cup
- Egg - 1
- Gochujang - 2 teaspoons
- Soy sauce - 1 teaspoon
- Sesame oil - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic - 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar - ½ teaspoon
- Sugar - ½ teaspoon
- Sesame seeds - ½ teaspoon
Prep Bibimbap Ingredients
Julienne Carrot, Zucchini, Cabbage, Lettuce and Gim. Cut Shiitake Mushrooms into thin slices as well.
FOR SOYBEANS - Fill a pot with water. Season the water with a few shakes of salt. Place your soybean sprouts into the water. Then place on high heat. When it comes to boil, immediately drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside
FOR ZUCCHINI, CARROT AND MUSHROOMS - For each vegetable, repeat the following steps: Put a frying pan on medium-high heat. Put some oil in. Once the pan is hot, place the vegetable in. Season with salt. Stir-around for 1-2 minutes until the vegetable begin to soften-up. Then place onto a plate and set aside
Place one cup of rice at the bottom of your bowl. Then neatly arrange each vegetable (carrot, zucchini, cabbage, lettuce, shiitake mushrooms, gim, soybean sprouts) on top of the rice. Place a fried egg in the middle (optional). Then place a few scoops of the bibimbap sauce over the top.
Snap an Instagram photo - duh!
Then thoroughly mix the sauce in with all of the ingredients. Bon Appetit!
- When pan-frying vegetables, cook them on a medium heat.
- Also feel free to use vegetables of your choice. Popular alternatives include blanched spinach, minced beef and pickled radish.
- If you are cooking for two, use Tablespoon measurements (rather than teaspoon) when making the Gochujang sauce.
- Watch video below for more details