Stomach not feeling well? Headache? Try Korean Juk to replenish your body.
Servings: 1 person
- Anchovy Stock - 1 Bag
- Water - 2.5 cup
- Cooked white rice - 1 cup
- Eggs - 1
- Scallions - 1 Tablespoon
- Soup soy sauce - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sesame oil - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Sesame seeds - 1/2 Tablespoon
Place an anchovy soup stock bag into a pot. Place water into the pot. Then put on high heat and bring pot up to a boil. Let it boil away for 5 minutes. Then take out the anchovy bag.
Place in cooked rice. Let rice boil away for 2-3 minutes - or until the cooked rice becomes "bloated".
Crack an egg into small bowl and mix it up. Then slowly drip the egg mixture into the soup, in a circular motion. Then reduce the heat to a low.
- Substitution: If you don't want to use anchovies at all, just use kombu (dashima) only. Use a iPhone-sized piece of it and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Please note that we are using 1 cup of cooked rice! (Not uncooked rice).
- For more details, watch video below