Time to step yo dumpling game up!
Servings: 2 people
- Dumplings - 8-10 or however many you want!
- Cabbage - 2 layers
- Lettuce - 5 pieces
- Perilla leaves - 5 optional
- Carrot - small piece length of your pinky
- Sesame seeds - few shakes optional, garnish
Gochujang Salad Sauce
- Gochujang - 3 Tablespoons
- Vinegar - 2 Tablespoons
- Sugar - 2 Tablespoons
- Minced garlic - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Sesame oil - 1/2 Tablespoon
Wash all your veggies. Put them in a salad spinner or let them drip off excess water.
Cut cabbage into very thin slices (the thinner the better).
Cut lettuce into thin bite-sized sections.
Take stems off the perilla leaves and cut leaves into thin sections
Julienne the carrot. The thinner the better
Note: Feel free to throw in other veggies that are leftover in your refrigerator.
Pour in about 75% of the gochujang salad sauce over the mixed greens. Give it a toss and sample it. Add more sauce if you need (I ended up using all of it). Garnish with sesame seeds.
Cook your dumplings. Make them extra crispy :)
Time to plate: Place a scoop of salad into the middle of the plate. Then arrange dumplings around the salad.
- See video for more details