Korean Mushroom Hot Pot
Simmer your favorite mushrooms in a delicious Korean broth. Uh-dic-ting!
Servings: 3 people
- King Oyster Trumpet mushrooms - 3
- Shiitake mushrooms - 3
- Oyster mushrooms - 3
- Button mushrooms - 3
- Enoki mushrooms - 1 package
- Spring onion - 1 whole stalk
- Onion - 1 whole
- Carrot - 1 piece length of your pointer finger
- Baby Napa Cabbage or use Bok Choy - 5 large leaves
- Udon noodles - 1 package
- Shabu Shabu beef - 1 whole
- Water - 2 Cups
- Soup Soy Sauce - 3 Tablespoons
- Minced garlic - 1 Tablespoon
- Deonjang - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Gochujang - 1 Tablespoon
- Gochugaru - 3 Tablespoons
- Sugar - 1 Tablespoon
Clean each mushroom thoroughly under running water.
Slice the trumpet mushroom into thinner pieces (reference video).
Split oyster mushroom into smaller pieces with your finger.
Cut Shiitake mushrooms and button mushroom in half.
Cut the stem off the enoki mushrooms and split the bundle in half.
Cut the entire spring onion stalk into the length of your pointer finger. Then cut the white stem in half again. Repeat for green portion as well. (reference video)
Cut the carrot piece into rectangular slices.
Cut onion into thin slices.
Cut napa cabbage into smaller sections.
Measure ~1 cup of shabu shabu beef. Set aside.
Take out a large pot. Place-in all of the listed ingredients under "Broth Ingredients".
Place the pot on medium-high heat. Use a spatula and throughly mix-in all of the ingredients.
While the broth is still luke-warm, place in the beef pieces. (Boiling them in low-heat prevent them from fusing together). Once the pieces are fully cooked, take them out with chopsticks. Set aside for later.
As soon as the broth comes to a boil, turn off the heat.
Then place-in all of the mushrooms and fresh vegetables around the frying pan. Place the boiled beef in the center.
When you are ready to eat, turn the heat back on. When the broth start boiling, throw in the udon noodles (optional)
Bon Appetit and enjoy!
- See video below for more details
- The amount of broth my seem small at first, but the veggies will release alot of water.
- If however, you want more broth: Take out a small bowl. Mix 2 cups of water with 3 Tablespoons of soup soy-sauce.
- Feel free to use any mushrooms you like.