Egg Rice - Simple & Easy Breakfast Bowl
A delicious cheesy breakfast risotto for you.
Servings: 1 people
- Cooked short-grain rice: 1/2 cup
- Eggs: 2 whole
- Water: 1/3 cup
- Bacon: 2 strips
- Shiitake Mushroom: 1
- Carrot: 1 piece 1/2 your pinky finger-sized
- Spring onion: 1 piece forearm sized
- Mozzarella cheese: a handful
- Grated Cheddar cheese: a handful
- Soy sauce - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Salt - few shakes
- Black pepper - few shakes
Chop up bacon, carrot, spring onion and mushroom into small bite-sized pieces.
Crack two eggs into a "microwave-safe" bowl. Then add in 1/3 cup of water. Season the egg mixture with a few shakes of salt and black pepper. Whisk everything together.
Next, add in the cooked rice to the beaten egg mixture. Then, add in all of the chopped vegetables and bacon. Mix it all together.
Then add in the soy sauce. Give one final mix.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Poke a few holes into the wrap.
Place in microwave for 3 minutes.
After 3 minutes, take out of microwave. Take off plastic wrap. Give the bowl a thorough mix with a utensil (note: it will still be raw throughout).
Then add a layer of cheese over the top.
Place back in the microwave for 3 minutes.
Take out of the microwave. Let it cool down. Bon Appetit!
- Reference video for more details