Tofu Kimchi – A Must-Try Tofu Dish
Kimchi Tofu is made of blanched tofu pieces that are served with sautéed kimchi. Absolutely delicious!
Servings: 2 people
- Tofu - 1 block 350 grams
- Kimchi - 1 cup
- Onion - 1/2 a whole
- Pork - 200 grams
- Minced garlic - 1 Tablespoon
- Cooking wine - 1 Tablespoon
- Soy sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Gochugaru - 1 Tablespoon
- Spring onion - 2 Tablespoons
- Sesame oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Sesame seeds - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Black pepper - few shakes optional
Turn frying pan on medium heat. Place oil into pan. Once it is hot, place minced garlic in and mix for 10 seconds.
Then place in pork strips. Pour in cooking wine, soy sauce and black pepper over pork. Stir pork until the pink color has disappeared.
Then place in Kimchi. Add sugar, Korean red chili flakes and onion slices next. Stir-fry all of it together until Kimchi has turned slightly translucent or until it develops a slight browning on the edges.
Turn off the heat and add spring onions, sesame oil and seeds.
- Cook on a medium or medium-high heat - so it doesn't burn
- Use medium-firm to extra-firm tofu. Do not use the “silken” type or “super-firm” tofu as it will be too soft or hard.
- If you are vegetarian, skip the pork and use sliced mushrooms of your choice.
- See video below for more details