Soy Sauce Wings - Finger Licking Good!
Chicken wings are reduced in a soy-sauce with maple syrup and garlic - until they become very sticky. Pack some napkins!
Servings: 2 people
- Chicken wings - 10-15
- Cooking wine - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper - few shakes
- Soy sauce - 3 Tablespoons
- Maple syrup - 2 Tablespoons
- Cooking wine - 2 Tablespoons
- Minced garlic - 1 Tablespoon
Place frying pan on medium heat and put in some olive oil. Once it turns hot, place wings in.
Get a nice sear on both sides of the wings (approx. 2 minutes per side).
Then pour the marinade in. Marinade will begin to reduce and cook the wings. Flip the chicken wings as sauce reduces.
Once the sauce becomes very sticky (syrupy), they are ready to be eaten.
- When searing the chicken, keep the frying pan on a medium (or medium-low) heat. If you have it on a high heat, the wings will burn very quickly. If you are using frozen wings, let it thaw in 1/2 cup of milk. Rinse off the milk and then season as instructed below.
- See video below for more details