Bell Pepper Stir-fry - Healthy Stir-Fry under 15 mins
An simple but delicious meal to cook for yourself on the workdays. Enjoy!
Servings: 2 people
- Green Bell pepper - 1/4 whole
- Red Bell pepper - 1/4 whole
- Yellow Bell pepper - 1/4 whole
- Pork strips - 150 grams
- Carrot - 1/4 whole
- Button mushrooms - 3
- Spring onion - 1/4 cup
- Red cabbage - 1 leaf
- Onion - 1/2 a whole
- Rice - 1 cup
- Minced garlic - 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper - few shakes
- Soy sauce - 4 Tablespoons
- Oyster sauce - 4 Tablespoons
- Sugar - 2 Tablespoons
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Potato starch - 1 Tablespoon
Cut 1/4 section from each bell pepper and julienne them into thin slices.
Cut pork, carrots and red cabbage into similar-sized slices.
Then thinly slice the mushrooms, onion and spring onions.
Put a large frying pan (or wok) on high heat. Pour oil into the pan. Place spring onion slices into oil.
Once you see the oil bubbling inside the spring onions, place the pork slices in. Season pork slices with minced garlic and black pepper.
Once pork pieces are almost fully cooked, place all of your veggies in. Cook the veggies in the pan for one minute.
Then pour 1/3 of the sauce into the pan (before you pour, mix the sauce once more to get the starch well incorporated). Stir-fry everything for another minute or until the sauce thickens into a light syrup texture.
Turn off the heat and garnish with sesame oil. Serve alongside a bowl of hot sticky rice.
- I have listed alot of veggies in the ingredient list, but feel free to choose the ones you like or have at home.
- Also, I have (purposely) used Tablespoon measurements for the sauce. It will be enough for an additional 2 stir-fries. However, if you want just enough sauce for one stir-fry: switch the Tablespoon to a teaspoon measurement for all sauce ingredients and use 3 Tablespoons of water (instead of 1/2 cup).
- See video below for more details