Shrimp Fried Rice, Danmuji Muchim and Mini Sausages
A simple recipe for delicious shrimp fried rice - great for beginners! Pair this shrimp fried rice with a few banchans like danmuji and mini-sausages.
Servings: 2 people
- Short grain rice - 1.5 cups fully-cooked
- Spring onion - forearm length piece use both white and green pieces
- Onion - 1/2 a whole
- Zucchini - 2-inch piece measure up to 2nd crease in pointer finger
- Carrot - 2-inch piece measure up to 2nd crease in pointer finger
- Shrimp - 6-9
- Egg - 1
Fried Rice Seasoning
- Oyster Sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Soy Sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - few shakes
- Black Pepper - few shakes
- Danmuji - 250 grams
- Spring onion - Forearm length piece use green piece
- Gochugaru - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Minced garlic - 1 teaspoon
- Sesame seeds - few shakes
- Sesame oil - few dabs to taste
- Korean mini sausages - 5 pieces "Vienna Sausages"
Slice spring onion into thin slices. Finely dice onion, zucchini and carrots into small cubes.
Peel and devein shrimp. Chop shrimp into smaller pieces. Season with salt and black pepper.
Make Fried Rice
Put frying pan on medium-high heat. Pour oil into the frying pan. Place spring onion pieces in.
Once you see the spring onions sizzling in the pan, place in the onion, zucchini and carrot pieces.
Once you see the onion pieces turning translucent, place-in the shrimp pieces. Stir around
Once shrimp turns orange, put in scrambled eggs.
Then put in oyster sauce. Give it a thorough stir.
Put in the rice. Then put in soy sauce in. Give it another stir. Turn off heat.
Add salt and black pepper (to taste).
Garnish with spring onion. Enjoy!
Squeeze out the water from danmuji. Cut them into half-circles. Cut spring onion into small pieces.
Take out a mixing bowl. Put danmuji and spring onion into the mixing bowl.
Put gochugaru, minced garlic, sesame seeds and sesame oil in. Use your hands to mix and coat them thoroughly. Enjoy!
- Watch video below for more details