Dubu Jorim - Spicy Braised Tofu
One of my Top-3 favorite Korean banchans. Try it and it will change your mind about Tofu
Servings: 2 people
- Firm Tofu - 300 grams
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Soy sauce - 3 Tablespoons
- Korean red chili flakes - 1 Tablespoon
- Minced garlic - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Sesame oil - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Sesame seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Spring onion - 1/2 stalk
Cut the tofu into quarter inch pieces and pat them dry with paper towels (less moisture, crispier skin).
Put your frying pan on a hight heat. Drop some oil into the pan and fry the tofu on both-sides, until golden brown.
Make Braising Sauce
Mix water, soy sauce, Korean red chili flakes, sugar, minced garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil and sliced spring onions in a mixing bowl. (Save some of the spring onions for garnish)
Turn the frying pan on a high heat. Pour the braising sauce into the frying pan and let it boil away for about 10 minutes (stirring occasionally).
Once the sauce reduces to a syrup-like consistency, put the fried tofu pieces into the pan and give it a thorough coating.
Turn off the heat and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator - taste good cold as well
- Eat with a bowl of hot rice
- Watch video for more details