Spicy Pork Bulgogi with Kimchi
This is a delicious and fast bowl for those who enjoy Korean BBQ. We marinate thinly-sliced pork with spicy gochujang and fry-it-up quickly. Oh and don't forget that scoop of Kimchi!
Servings: 3 people
- Pork - 400 grams thinly sliced pork butt or pork shoulder
- Kimchi - few pieces optional
- Onion - 1
- Spring onion - 2 Tablespoon
- Gochujang Korean red chili pepper paste - 4 Tablespoon
- Gochugaru Korean red chili flakes - 1 Tablespoon
- Honey - 2 Tablespoon
- Soy sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Minced garlic - 1 Tablespoon
- Mirin - 1 Tablespoon
- Sugar - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Salt - few shakes
- Black pepper - few shakes
- Sesame seeds - garnish
Chop the onion in half. Then cut the onion into thin pieces. Also cut the spring onion into small pieces.
Cut pork into bite-sized pieces.
Take out a few pieces of Kimchi and set aside for pan-frying.
Take out a large mixing bowl and put in the pork pieces.
Mix in all of the listed ingredients for the marinade.
Use your hands (and plastic gloves) to coat the meat thoroughly.
Take out a frying pan and put on a medium heat. If you have kimchi - cook that first. Once-pan is hot, drop in some sesame oil and cook the kimchi until it gets some browning on the tips.
Then put vegetable oil in the the pan. Place in the pork pieces. Cook the pork until it is 90% cooked.
Then put in the onions. Once you see that the meat is fully cook (light sear on the meat) - turn off the heat.
Add the green onions in. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with a bowl of hot rice!
- Cook the meat on a medium heat. When cooking the meat, use a chopstick or a wooden utensil and move around the pork pieces frequently. This will help avoid burning the marinade.
- Watch video below for more details