Chicken Steak Dinner
Here is how you can turn a chicken drumstick into a steak! Delicious, simple and pairs well with lots of grilled vegetables.
Servings: 1 person
- Chicken drumsticks - 4 or use 2 chicken thighs
- Salt - few shakes
- Black pepper - few shakes
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- Bok choy - 2
- Onion - 1
- Potato - 1/2 a whole
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Butter - 1 Tablespoon
- Soy sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Water - 3 Tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 Tablespoon
- Vinegar - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Minced garlic - 1/2 Tablespoon
Make sure chicken drumsticks (or thighs) are at room temperature. Then use kitchen scissors to cut around the 'ankles' of the drum sticks. Then cut up the middle of the drumstick. Find the bone, cut around it and remove it. Take your time as it may be tricky on your first try!
Then salt and pepper both sides of the chicken filet.
Put frying pan on a medium-high heat. Make sure it gets hot. Then place the chicken pieces in - skin-side down. Then place the onion, potato and garlic pieces in as well. Give it a few minutes to cook until the chicken gets a nice crispy golden skin. Then flip over the chicken.
Place in the butter and put a lid over the frying pan. Then swirl the frying pan around so the butter gets distributed evenly. After about 1 minute, lift the lid. Flip over the vegetables. Add-in the bok choy. Then turn off the heat. Take out each piece onto a serving plate.
- When deboning the drumsticks, you may see some white tendons poke out. Don't worry about this - it's normal. That's what holds the meat together in place.
- To get a nice crispy skin, don't put any oil into the frying pan when you first put the chicken in
- Later, make sure to put some butter in the pan - gives more richness and glossy finish to the chicken.
- You can use any sauce recipe. In this video, we tried out Chef Baek Jong Won's steak sauce.
- For more details, watch the video below.