Rice Egg Bowl. This breakfast dish is appealing because it is dead simple. Chop up some vegetables and scoop some rice into a bowl of beaten eggs. Pop it in the microwave. And out... comes a hot, sizzling breakfast! Better yet, throw some cheese on top and you start the day saying "OMG..."
What does this rice egg bowl taste like?
Think about a cheesy breakfast risotto. And it won't be far off from the actual taste.
For ingredients, no need to stick to the script. Use whatever leftovers you see in the refrigerator. Broccoli florettes, finely diced onions and/or bell peppers would work perfectly.
The key taste variable to this dish is the cheese. I used a combination of mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Pretty boring no? Haha - if you have a wider variety of cheese at your local market, feel free to experiment 🙂
Also, if you have Kimchi in the fridge, bring it out for this dish. The Kimchi does a good job in cutting through the heaviness of melted cheese and refreshing your palate.
Bon Appetit ya'll. Keep on saving the world 🤟
Note: This recipe is not ours. Originally from '10,000 Recipes' (Korean recipe site)
Egg Rice - Simple & Easy Breakfast Bowl
- Cooked short-grain rice: ½ cup
- Eggs: 2 whole
- Water: ⅓ cup
- Bacon: 2 strips
- Shiitake Mushroom: 1
- Carrot: 1 piece ½ your pinky finger-sized
- Spring onion: 1 piece forearm sized
- Mozzarella cheese: a handful
- Grated Cheddar cheese: a handful
- Soy sauce - ½ Tablespoon
- Salt - few shakes
- Black pepper - few shakes
- Chop up bacon, carrot, spring onion and mushroom into small bite-sized pieces.
- Crack two eggs into a "microwave-safe" bowl. Then add in ⅓ cup of water. Season the egg mixture with a few shakes of salt and black pepper. Whisk everything together.
- Next, add in the cooked rice to the beaten egg mixture. Then, add in all of the chopped vegetables and bacon. Mix it all together.
- Then add in the soy sauce. Give one final mix.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Poke a few holes into the wrap.
- Place in microwave for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, take out of microwave. Take off plastic wrap. Give the bowl a thorough mix with a utensil (note: it will still be raw throughout).
- Then add a layer of cheese over the top.
- Place back in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Take out of the microwave. Let it cool down. Bon Appetit!
- Reference video for more details
Just made it for lunch! Delicious~ Subbed the carrots for some red, yellow and orange bell peppers. I’ll definitely make this again!
AAA THIS IS SO GOOD
Allyson Lee says
Just made this for breakfast today! Added in some spinach and seaweed on the top. An asian fusion, protein-packed, healthy breakfast! This is coming from someone who generally dislikes breakfast foods 🙂