One Pan Egg Toast
This sandwich became a hit recipe on Youtube! It came up on our feed one-night and we were captivated by the simplicity of the idea!
The one-pan concept seemed perfect for fast mornings – so we had to give it a try and see if it actually worked.
The verdict – yes it works. And it’s absolutely delicious! Maybe one of the best breakfast sandwiches we’ve made from home (sorry McMcuffins – you’re no longer my #1 🙄)
Now, in Korea, many people like to add a layer of sweet fruit jam to their breakfast sandwiches. They enjoy the combination of sweet & savory.
For people raised in the West, this may seem odd and unappetizing. I too – was a bit hesitant about adding the fruit jam.
But after trying it on street toasts– I think it works surprisingly well.
The combination of savory, salty cheese with syrupy jam is very nice. Reminds me of a hipster French toast – heh!
Now, you of course, add any type of ingredients to your own breakfast toast.
My favorite is the second version I show in our video – a few slices of Swiss Cheese (or Netherland Edam Cheese), with grilled Canadian Bacon.
Cooking Notes for One-Pan Egg Sandwich
I recommend using only one slice of bread – and cutting it in half. That way, you eat less carbs in the morning.
After whisking the two eggs, dip the bread halves into the egg wash (on only one side). This removes the hassle of flipping them in the frying pan.
Very important: Cook the eggs on a low heat!
Also, after you add the eggs into the frying pan, don’t fiddle with it until it releases from the pan. Then give it a flip!
If you try it at home, tag us on IG – we love seeing pics of your food creations heh!
Also, if you come up with a good combination of ingredients for the sandwich, let us know in the comment section below. I would like to try for myself as well!
– Daniel out 🕺!
One-Pan Egg Toast
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Slice Sandwich Bread
- Few Shakes Salt
- Few Shakes Black Pepper
- Few slices Butter
Cheese & Strawberry Jam
- Few Slices Cheddar Cheese (Or Cheese of Choice)
- Small scoop Strawberry Jam (Or Jam of Choice)
Canadian Bacon & Swiss Cheese
- Few Slices Canadian Bacon (Or Black Forest Deli Ham)
- Few Slice Swiss Cheese (Or Cheese of Choice)
- Cut one slice of bread in half.
- Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl. Beat it thoroughly. Season it with few sprinkles of Salt & Black Pepper.
- Dip the bread halves into the egg wash - coat only one side. Briefly set aside.
Make Breakfast Sandwich
- Place some butter into your frying pan. Place on low heat. Once butter melts and covers the entire pan, add-in the egg mixture.
- Immediately place-on the bread halves into the middle of the egg (egg-coated part facing up). Give it a slight nudge so the bread halves settles into the egg. Then do nothing - allow the egg to cook - don't touch it.
- After the egg has set, it should lift easily off the frying pan. Carefully flip it using a spatula. Then fold the eggs that are hanging over the bread inwards to make a rectangular shape.
- Place on your toppings of choice: Cheese & Jam, Ham & Cheese
- Carefully fold the sandwich in half. And give it a few minutes to cook, so that the cheese on the inside will melt.
- Next, place a small dab of butter into the pan. Give both sides about a 30-45 seconds in the butter to get a nice golden crispy top.
- Eat with your hands, or get a knife and fork! Bon Appetit ya'll!