One Pan Egg Toast
This sandwich became a hit recipe on Youtube! It came up on our feed one-night and we were captivated by the simplicity of the idea!
The one-pan concept seemed perfect for fast mornings – so we had to give it a try and see if it actually worked.
The verdict – yes it works. And it’s absolutely delicious! Maybe one of the best breakfast sandwiches we’ve made from home (sorry McMcuffins – you’re no longer my #1 🙄)
Now, in Korea, many people like to add a layer of sweet fruit jam to their breakfast sandwiches. They enjoy the combination of sweet & savory.
For people raised in the West, this may seem odd and unappetizing. I too – was a bit hesitant about adding the fruit jam.
But after trying it on street toasts– I think it works surprisingly well.
The combination of savory, salty cheese with syrupy jam is very nice. Reminds me of a hipster French toast – heh!
Now, you of course, add any type of ingredients to your own breakfast toast.
My favorite is the second version I show in our video – a few slices of Swiss Cheese (or Netherland Edam Cheese), with grilled Canadian Bacon.
Cooking Notes for One-Pan Egg Sandwich
I recommend using only one slice of bread – and cutting it in half. That way, you eat less carbs in the morning.
After whisking the two eggs, dip the bread halves into the egg wash (on only one side). This removes the hassle of flipping them in the frying pan.
Very important: Cook the eggs on a low heat!
Also, after you add the eggs into the frying pan, don’t fiddle with it until it releases from the pan. Then give it a flip!
If you try it at home, tag us on IG – we love seeing pics of your food creations heh!
Also, if you come up with a good combination of ingredients for the sandwich, let us know in the comment section below. I would like to try for myself as well!
- Daniel out 🕺!
One-Pan Egg Toast
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Slice Sandwich Bread
- Few Shakes Salt
- Few Shakes Black Pepper
- Few slices Butter
Cheese & Strawberry Jam
- Few Slices Cheddar Cheese (Or Cheese of Choice)
- Small scoop Strawberry Jam (Or Jam of Choice)
Canadian Bacon & Swiss Cheese
- Few Slices Canadian Bacon (Or Black Forest Deli Ham)
- Few Slice Swiss Cheese (Or Cheese of Choice)
- Cut one slice of bread in half.
- Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl. Beat it thoroughly. Season it with few sprinkles of Salt & Black Pepper.
- Dip the bread halves into the egg wash - coat only one side. Briefly set aside.
Make Breakfast Sandwich
- Place some butter into your frying pan. Place on low heat. Once butter melts and covers the entire pan, add-in the egg mixture.
- Immediately place-on the bread halves into the middle of the egg (egg-coated part facing up). Give it a slight nudge so the bread halves settles into the egg. Then do nothing - allow the egg to cook - don't touch it.
- After the egg has set, it should lift easily off the frying pan. Carefully flip it using a spatula. Then fold the eggs that are hanging over the bread inwards to make a rectangular shape.
- Place on your toppings of choice: Cheese & Jam, Ham & Cheese
- Carefully fold the sandwich in half. And give it a few minutes to cook, so that the cheese on the inside will melt.
- Next, place a small dab of butter into the pan. Give both sides about a 30-45 seconds in the butter to get a nice golden crispy top.
- Eat with your hands, or get a knife and fork! Bon Appetit ya'll!
Enjoying these recipes? Drop some love 🙃
Excellent... thank you for a Great video, which made this super easy to make! I made it with only cheese and a quarter of it was jam (sounded very strange to add the jam) and it was so good both ways!
I already put jam on my grilled cheese but now i have to try this!!
OMG. I literally screamed when I ran across your blog when I was looking for an egg toast recipe. I already follow your YouTube channel, so I was thrilled to learn you have a recipe blog as well. I love you (Daniel and Katie) so much. I recommend your blog to other people too. Thank you for everything you do.
This is wonderful. Just tried it out thanks for recipe
Rhodora Dasco says
It was so look pretty delicious. Thank you for sharing. God bless.
Looks delicious! I was with you until you ate the sandwich with a knife and fork.
Topped my with bacon, cheese and pear preserves. Great receipe and easy to follow. Thanks for posting.
Made one with some leftovers in the fridge, used some marble cheese, pepperoni & salami with a bit of marinara. Was pretty much a pizza toast, was really good.
Birgitte L. says
We ate it so quickly that I did not even had the time to post on IG !!
A fabulous version of the UK eggie bread and the Dutch wentelteefjes ...
So good and so easy to make. My hubby likes a savoury version, but I like the sweet/savoury one. And one slice of bread is definitely more than enough.
Made this for the first time today and I LOVE it. I used red bell peppers, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and pepper Jack. I also used grape jam and it was delicious! Thanks for the recipe and video.
Shannen Phillips says
Not a fan of the jam but made mine with ham cabbage and mayo
Love it! Easy, quick and tasty. I added pepper jack cheese for a little zip. You’re a wonderful teacher, great idea.
Thank you for the recipe and great video. I made mine with provolone, ham and raspberry preserves. The boys loved it!
Trista Woojin says
This is a very simple and nice way to make a savory French toast. When I make mine, I use an egg + milk mixture, salt and pepper, a little garlic and onion, along with mushrooms, ham and Swiss cheese. Though I also like it with cream cheese, mushrooms and black pepper turkey lunchmeat.
Lori O says
Both options look delicious. I can't wait to try the cheese/strawberry jam. I like listening to the gentleman that did the video. He's quite funny!!
Luis palomino says
Dennis Mezas says
I don’t know if any one told you before, but the cheese you used was Dutch, from the Netherlands and not Swiss.
Both countries produce lovely cheeses. Don”t buy them in packets though, buy a lovely hunk of cheese and slice it yourself or grate the cheese. The hunk stays fresh longer!
Gail Ong says
Just made this amazing recipe with brioche bread, chedder cheese and bacon. My daughter gobbled it up before I could take a picture! Thank you for your recipes, my family said you kicked up my cooking skills several notches.
I made this the day that I saw the video. It came out perfect! I was really surprised how easy it was to flip. Totally impressed my granddaughter who watched me try to make this. Win win!