Korean Garlic Fried Rice. If you haven't started cooking along with us, this is low-hanging fruit 😉 Today, we only need garlic and soy sauce. That's it! With these two ingredients, you can cook up an aromatic fried rice. It pairs well with any meat dish or grilled veggies! Let's get started.
This dish is straight-forward. The only thing is to not let the garlic burn.
After you add the minced garlic pieces into the oil, they will start to sizzle. As soon as the minced bits start to turn color (a light brown), immediately add in the soy sauce, salt and rice. This will keep you from burning it. Don't worry - the garlic chips will continue to brown a tad more as you stir-fry the rice.
Grill up some fresh vegetables, get a steak (or white fish) going in another pan and eat it with the garlic rice. Perfection!
- Rice - 1 cup
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Minced garlic - 1 Tablespoon or use 2-3 additional cloves
- Oil - 3 Tablespoons
- Soy Sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - 4-5 shakes
- Butter - 1 Tablespoon
- Put cooked rice (1 cup) out on a plate - let it cool off and release moisture
- Then cut your garlic cloves (4) into thin slices.
- Put oil (3T) into a frying pan - don't turn on the heat just yet.
- Place in the garlic slices and minced garlic (1T) first into the cold oil.
- Now, place it on a medium-low heat. The garlic will start to gently sizzle.
- As soon as the minced garlic starts to lightly brown, immediately add-in the soy sauce (1T), salt (4-5 shakes) and rice.
- Mix it in well. Then add in a nob of butter (1T). Mix again. Turn off heat.
- Plate and enjoy 🙂
- Optional: Serve with a sunny side-up egg
- See video below for more details