Baek Jong Won, a celebrity chef in Korea, recently introduced a new soy sauce recipe. The sauce became a instant hit in Korea. It is very simple to make and versatile.
The infused soy sauce will keep for many weeks: Store it in the refrigerator. And make sure to boil it once-a-week to make it last even longer.
Note: If you are a vegetarian, substitute the minced pork with Shiitake mushrooms. Tastes just as delicious.
Chef Baek Jong Won's Special Soy Sauce
- Soy sauce - 2 cups
- Minced pork - 1 cup
- Brown sugar - 1/3 cup
Make the Sauce
- Slice up the minced pork into small pieces - roughly 1 cm. Pour the soy sauce, pork and brown sugar into a large pot. Stir the mixture around so the pork does not clump together.
- Then place the pot on a medium-heat and gently stir until it comes to a boil. Once it is boiling, let it cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool-down for 10 minutes. Skim off any excess fat that may come to the surface.
- Sauce is now ready for use or storage.
Store the Sauce
- Pour soy-sauce in a clean glass container or Tupperware.
- Then place and store in the refrigerator.
- The Soy Sauce will last up to 3 weeks - but reboil once every 7 days.
- Keep the leftover sauce in the refrigerator.
- This soy sauce will remain fresh for up to 3 weeks - however, if you want it to keep for that long, you should reboil the sauce every 7 days.
- You can also cook smaller batches if you'd like - just remember the 6:3:1 ratio (soy sauce: pork: brown sugar).
- Watch video below for more details