Avocado & Half-Cooked Egg Croissant. We were delighted to come across this cute sandwich at a cafe in Sinsa (Garosu-gil district). It caught Katie’s attention and we ended up wolfing down two of them, alongside a freshly brewed Americano. We recreated it at home this weekend and it tasted just as good. On a lazy Sunday afternoon, consider this for brunch…
The hardest part about this recipe is nailing down the soft-boiled egg. (Of course, you can cook it to your preference.) But we think it tests best when the yolk has set but is slightly gooey. Makes the sandwich look very appetizing!
Now, they’re many articles that teach you how to get the “perfect” soft-boiled eggs. But they fail to consider what type of pot you’re using. Pots – depending on the material – retain heat differently. So chances are, you’re eggs won’t look as “perfect” as the author suggested. The best thing to is to take the pot out of the equation. I’ll show you how in the instructions below.
It doesn’t get better than avocado + croissant. Let’s re-energize and get an awesome start to 2019 🙂
Dan-yul out 🕺
Avocado & Soft-Boiled Egg
- Fresh Croissant - 1 whole
- Egg - 1
- Arugula - handful
- Avocado - 1/2 or you can use all of it
- Salt - few shakes to taste
- Cilantro - few shakes to taste
- Lime - few squeezes to taste
- Salt - few pinches
- Black pepper - few pinches
- Red chili pepper flakes -few pinches
Make Perfect Soft-Boiled Egg.
- Fill a pot with water (enough to cover 1 inch over the eggs)
- Bring up to a roaring boil on high heat.
- Turn off the heat for 10 seconds - so that the boiling water calms down. Then gently place in your egg. Place the lid back on. Turn the heat back onto a high heat.
- Cook on a roaring boil for exactly 6 minutes (use a timer on your phone)
- After 6 minutes, immediately place the egg in very cold water. Run it under cold water until it cools down completely.
- Then slice the egg into 3-4 pieces.
- Dice avocado and place into a mixing bowl.
- Use a fork to mash it up - until you get a smooth texture
- Add in salt, diced cilantro and few squeezes of lime. Sample it and season to taste.
- Use a knife and cut the croissant down the middle (from the top).
- Put a few piece of arugula down.
- Next, add a few scoops of the guacamole.
- Now add the egg slices.
- Finally, garnish with few pinches of salt, black pepper and red chili pepper flakes.
- Bon Appetit
- See video below for more details